The World Cup is arguably the biggest football tournament in the world. It is played every four years, and this year will give fans the unique opportunity to watch their favorite teams battle out for the top prize. Nigerian bettors can therefore get the opportunity to watch the games and bet on the best markets available. To add more to the excitement, you can also explore the best betting sites and bet on the best teams and win prizes. There are reputable sites like Bettingguide which has a reputation for guiding both new and experienced punters with valuable information and tips, and it is recommended that you check them out. This review will guide you through the basic tips you can use throughout the World Cup while betting and suggest the best betting sites you can explore.
The best tips and strategies for Nigerian bettors
This year’s World Cup will be played in Qatar, and unlike other tournaments, it will be played between the 20th of November and the 18th of December. Nonetheless, the change in the schedule should not deter you from using the following tips and making some profits from the available markets:
- Analyze the form of the teams playing against each other
It is important to know the form of the teams facing one another. Examine their recent results and identify how many goals they score or concede against decent teams. Pay close attention to their statistics in terms of chances created per game, and also the team that keeps the ball, and the team’s conversion rate. In addition, observe the consistency of the key players and how frequently they score, contribute to clean sheets or create goals. Such considerations will provide insight into the chances of a team winning, losing, or scoring goals in a match.
- Identify the key players in the teams playing
Players play a key role in the success of their teams. Identify the professional teams the players play for, and how they perform at both club and country levels. In addition, assess how frequently they are involved in their respective teams at both club and country. This analysis will provide you with an idea of how likely the players will fuel their team to victory or score goals. Observe individual statistics such as chances created per game, tackles made, the players’ level of discipline, and whether they ever get booked or punished. Such observations will give you an idea of how positively or negatively players contribute to their teams.
- Check the team line-ups
It is important to know the teams’ lineups and know the caliber of players in the team. In addition, checking the lineups will enhance your understanding of whether key players are missing through injuries or suspension. Observing the lineups will facilitate your knowledge about the likely winner or how many goals the game may elicit.
- Conduct a head-to-head analysis of the teams playing against one another
There may be instances where the teams playing against each other in the World Cup have played against each other in recent times. A quick background check on their recent results will give you n idea of which team has the better chance of winning against the other. The team with higher wins should be the favorites in their World Cup contest.
Other factors to consider when betting on the World Cup
- Do not bet without conducting background checks. A background check will enhance your understanding of team form and lineups.
- Do not bet on short odds for no reason. Sometimes you might be tempted to bet on a team just because it has very low odds. This tactic is risky because all teams in the World Cup are well prepared.
- Avoid accumulator bets with too many markets involved. High odds may be attractive but the more markets you add to your bet slip, the lower the probability of winning.
- Avoid chasing losses. You may be tempted to make rush choices and place quick bets when you feel like your current bets are not going as planned. This could result in irrational decision-making and further losses.
Now that you have an idea of how to bet on the upcoming World Cup, the following betting sites will provide you with the best odds to explore, bet and win:
- 22Bet Nigeria
- Has a big welcome bonus.
- You can get 100% bonuses of up to 50,000 Naira.
- There is 24/7 customer service.
- There are numerous betting markets for the World Cup.
- Betway Nigeria
- There is a lucrative 100% bonus of up to 100,000 Naira on your first deposit as a new player.
- The site offers high odds which could come in handy during the World Cup.
- The site has an amazing app enhancing betting flexibility.
- This is the number 1 sports betting site in Nigeria.
- The site offers a high 100% welcome bonus of up to 100,000 Naira.
- There is a live streaming option where you can keep track of the World Cup games when they begin.