Messi Rejects Contract Extension offer with Barcelona
Lionel Messi , FC Barcelona

Credit: Getty Images

Lionel Messi has rejected Barcelona’s first offer of a contract extension according to Spanish website, AS.

The 29-year-old Argentine, who has another year left on his contract, has stalled on a contract extension with the Catalan side since last year.

 

Bleacher Report tweeted on Friday about the development quoting @English_AS :

 

 

In March, Sporting Director Robert Fernandez said despite the wait, the club remains certain the Argentina star will commit to Barcelona, and they hope to make him the highest paid player in Europe.

 

Messi will renew. I have always said Leo is happy in Barcelona. He is very happy here, he is in a magnificent team,” he told Cadena SER per Goal.

 

The news of the rejection comes hours after FIFA announced that it had rescinded the 4-match International ban on
the Albiceleste captain after his appeal.

 

Messi was slammed with a four-match international ban after he reportedly cursed at an assistant Referee during Argentina‘s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Chile in March.

 

 

Recommend to friends
  • gplus
  • pinterest

Leave a comment